Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This is what you have to experience in Tibet

Tibet is the most mysterious place in the world. It is a fantastic journey to visit Tibet. Nearly everything is new and different for me, and if I would give some suggestions for my readers, I would say in Tibet there are three things that you must experience: the gorgeous landscape, the sacred Tibetan Buddhism, and the marvelous Tibetan culture.

As my friend Jiling said her impression of Tibet, the sky is too pure and close; it feels you can touch the sky when your hands are up. For me the thing that made me never forget was the water in Tibet. Maybe it was the rainy season in Tibet; on my trip I saw innumerable rivers and lakes. Some of them have names and are very famous, such as NamtsoLake and Yamdrok Lake. These are the hot spots in Tibet, are the must-go places in Tibet. But there are more are the rivers and lakes that I don’t know their names. Tibet is a plateau; trees are hardly to find. Thus, whenever I saw some water, rivers or lakes, they feel open and without boundaries. These lakes or rivers stay there silently and softly wash the human soul. Most lakes and rivers are seasonal; they may disappear when the rainy season ends. People said that the trip to Tibet could wash your soul. I think the reason is those nameless rivers and lakes wash the dirt in your soul and disappear. 


A nameless lake


A nameless river


If you read all my posts, you may find nearly half of them I am talking about the Tibetan Buddhism. Tibet is a place where all Tibetans are Buddhists. Buddhism is deeply enrolled in every part of their life. They are the most devout Buddhists in the world. If you don’t believe that, look at the holy stupas hall in Potala Place or Tashilhunpo Monastery. The countless gold and jewels that decorate the stupas are all from the Buddhists. They bring all their treasures to the temple to decorate the stupas or the Buddha statues. Additionally, look at those Tibetans who kotow in each step and use years to walk to Lhasa. The only reason they do that is to see the twenty-five year old statue of Gautama Buddha, which was made by Gautama Buddha himself and enshrined in Jokhang Temple. In the Tibetan Buddihists’ mind their belief is worth everything.


Buddhists are kowtowing outside the Jokhang Temple

For the Tibetan culture, did you remember my adventure in a Tibet Café? That’s a good way to experience Tibetan culture. I still miss all the food I ate in that café. It is so delicious and non-copyable. It catches my stomach, and calls me back to Tibet. Another way I experienced Tibetan culture was I got a chance to visit Doma’s family. In her home, I tasted their food, wine and enjoyed the song that she sang for us as a welcome gift. What’s more, I got a chance to wear a Tibetan traditional costume and to learn the traditional dance from Doma. That was so interesting and I was very happy to create those fantastic memories.


I am wearing a Tibetan traditional costume


At last, I would like to say, in your whole life, you should to visit Tibet. You will have great times and collect some wonderful memories that you can have an aftertaste for your whole life. I believe that the gorgeous landscape, the sacred Tibetan Buddhism, and the marvelous Tibetan culture will constantly recall you to visit Tibet again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment