Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tibetan food Part 2— a taste in Tibetan Café


When I stayed in Lhasa, I found there were lots of Tibetan Cafés near my hotel. And every time I passed by those Cafés, they were full of Tibetans. I was so curious about why these Cafés were so popular in Tibetan life. What’s the secret inside these Cafés? Thus, I decided to make an adventure to a Tibetan Café and find out why it was so attractive! 

I remember on my fifth day in Lhasa, I asked my father to go a Tibetan Café with me because other team members were not interested and still suffered with the altitude sickness. Since the Tibetan Café nearest to my hotel looked very popular, I chose to go there. When I went inside the Café, a kind Tibetan man used a not fluent Mandarin to ask me what I wanted. Actually, I had no idea about what I should order. So I asked him to give me some suggestions. Finally, I ordered a pot of Tibetan sweet tea, Tibetan dumplings and Tibetan noodles. I have to say they were so delicious that I ordered them again and ate them all.  


Here are some photos that I took of these foods, and I will explain how Tibetans made them.


The sweet tea is made of milk, black tea and sugar. The Tibetans will boil them together to keep the special favor.


As I said barley is the major crop in the Tibet plateau. This dumpling is made of barley flour and yak meat. I put some Tibetan pepper sauce on it because I love spicy food.


The noodles are also made of barley flour and yak bone soup. And on the plateau the water never boils, so it takes time to cook these noodles.

I finally found the secret inside the Tibetan Cafés: the delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment