Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The First Lady’s Tibetan Experience

When I was searching on the Internet to find some information for my blog, I found a very interesting post on The White House’s blog. This year the First Lady  made an official visit to China; she got a chance to experience some Tibet culture: TheFirst Lady's Travel Journal: A Taste of Tibetan Culture

Actually, the First Lady did not go to Tibet, she visited a Tibetan teahouse in Chengdu. Chengdu is the capital city of Sichuan Province, which is near the Tibet Plateau. It is also a big cluster region for Tibetans. I think to visit a Tibet teahouse is a very good way for her to learn some Tibetan culture rather than actually visiting Tibet. Chengdu has better weather and lower altitude than Tibet that will make people feel more comfortable. In her post, she mentions some background information about Tibet, such as its beautiful landscape, Mount Everest, the food and Buddhism. And also she compared the difference between the Tibetan culture and American culture. She thought the uniqueness makes Tibetan culture special, while the diversity makes American culture interesting. I really agree with her.  



I am very glad to read this blog because it depends on a foreigner’s perspective. It can help me find what kind of things that a foreigner would be interested in and then I can give more details in my future blog posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment